- The museum in Tervuren reopened its doors on December 9, 2018 after 5 years of renovation.
- The museum has been thoroughly redesigned and is now renamed AfricaMuseum. An architectural jewel and collections to rediscover!
- A brochure contains practical information about the new museum.
- To avoid long queues at the ticket office, it is recommended to buy the entrance tickets online.
- For an annual subscription (20 Euros!), you visit the museum as many times as you fancy.
Parking near the AfricaMuseum
- On weekends, the use of the commuter parking at tram 44 terminus and the staff parking at the 'CAPA' building (past the museum building, direction Leuven, at right-hand side) are available for museum visitors.
- The underground car park Markt in the centre of Tervuren is open weekdays and weekends and is only a 10-minute walk from the reception pavilion.
- The museum has made arrangements with the Total petrol station and the café-restaurant Le Chalet Vert (entrance via the Grensstraat) so that museum visitors are allowed to use their parking lots.
- When dark or bad weather occurs during weekends and school holidays, the museum organizes a shuttle service to the nearby car parks